The main components of organization in the classroom are effective class management, creating a positive learning environment, and the physical set-up of the room. An important consideration in teaching and learning is getting to know your students and designing your physical classroom environment around the needs of your diverse learners.
A classroom learning space might include:
- Areas for partner and small group work
- Area for quiet, independent work
- Differentiated learning centers
- Easy access to materials and resources for teacher and student use
- Posting of visual schedules as a reminder for routines and expectations